Morgan Wallen will not be in court for the hearing on his April arrest due to an agreement reached between his attorney and the district attorney.

Published by Cel Manero from Global One Media, Inc.

The country star, Morgan Wallen, was arrested on April 7 after allegedly throwing a chair from the roof of a Nashville bar.

Morgan Wallen will not be required to appear in court this week for his hearing, although the hearing itself is still scheduled to proceed.

The country star, aged 30, was initially set to attend a court date in Nashville on Friday, May 3, following his arrest on three felony charges related to an incident where he allegedly threw a chair off the roof of a Broadway bar.

However, Wallen has opted to waive his right to appear in court, with his attorney Worrick Robinson attending on his behalf, as confirmed by PEOPLE.

“The court has formally waived Morgan Wallen’s appearance on Friday, May 3 as his presence is not required to advance the case,” Robinson stated. “The Office of the District Attorney has been notified of the Appearance Waiver.”

The singer of “Sand in My Boots” was arrested on April 7, shortly after beginning the 2024 leg of his One Night at a Time World Tour. On the same day as his hearing, he is scheduled to perform at Nissan Stadium for an audience of nearly 70,000 fans.

Following his headline performance at the Stagecoach music festival, Morgan Wallen addressed his arrest for the first time in a statement posted to his X account on April 19, expressing that he was “not proud” of his behavior.

“I didn’t feel right publicly checking in until I made amends with some folks. I’ve touched base with Nashville law enforcement, my family, and the good people at Chief’s. I’m not proud of my behavior, and I accept responsibility,” he wrote. “I have the utmost respect for the officers working every day to keep us all safe. Regarding my tour, there will be no change.”

Nashville police reported that two officers witnessed a chair being thrown from the rooftop of Chief’s Bar, a six-story bar and restaurant on Broadway, to street level.

Wallen was subsequently arrested and charged with three counts of reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct, as per court records obtained by PEOPLE.

After the incident at Chief’s Bar, a source shared with PEOPLE that Morgan Wallen wasn’t expected to be at Chief’s for long and didn’t spend much time there before allegedly throwing the chair. According to the insider, most patrons and staff were not immediately aware of what had occurred.

The source described Wallen as generally being a nice and fun person to hang out with but noted that he struggles with knowing when to stop once he starts drinking. They also mentioned that Wallen’s issues with alcohol have been recurring problems.